When the weather outside turns cold, it’s finally time to bring those puffy coats, cozy sweaters and fleece-lined boots front and center. While warm and stylish, these bulky pieces certainly take up a lot more space than sundresses, t-shirts and flip flops, and they also require a bit more thought and care when storing. If winter is your favorite time of year, here are some tips for designing the ultimate closet for your winter wardrobe.
Custom Cabinets To Neatly House Winter Wardrobe Pieces
When rethinking your closet this season, consider adding custom cabinets with smart storage solutions that maximize space. Personalized options include single-hang rods, double-hang rods, drawer stacks, adjustable shelving, and functional accessories. When you shop online at Willow Lane Cabinetry, you can create a closet with custom cabinets designed and made just for you and your favorite winter wardrobe pieces. Click here to get started, or read on to learn more.
- Shelves For Sweaters: When it comes to that cozy sweater collection, marthastewart.com recommends folding thick, chunky knits to save space and preserve the structural integrity of these items. Simply stack sweaters on a shelf, like they do at your favorite department store.
- Adjustable Cubbies For Tall Boots: When including a shoe rack in your custom closet design, make sure you take stock of what you have, and group footwear of similar heights. Then, adjust shelves to house tall boots together on one, and shorter sneakers, slippers and shoes on another.
- Single Rods For Long Items: Adding a designated space for long skirts, dresses, and wool coats is vital during the cold winter months, so be sure to include a section with a single-hang rod to prevent wrinkles.
- Drawer Stacks For Socks And Tights: Come winter, you’ll need lots of socks to keep cold feet warm and snug. Drawer stacks put items like socks, tights, and legwarmers at the ready whenever necessary, as well as hats, gloves and scarfs.
- Functional Accessories: Accessories like sliding belt and tie racks, velvet jewelry trays, lingerie organizers, pants hangers, and valet rods keep everything in reach and easy to find, and they also help to streamline getting dressed on chilly winter mornings.
Other items to consider for your cold-weather closet makeover include plush area rugs, comfortable seating, a full-length mirror, and even a closet island! Is the ultimate closet for your winter wardrobe on your ultimate holiday wish list this year? If so, be sure to shop our Winter Holiday Sale, December 14th through 18th, 2020, at Willow Lane Cabinetry, and take advantage of our free online closet design tool!
Welcome to Willow Lane Cabinetry — the #1 place to buy affordable, semi-custom cabinets online! Let us help you create the kitchen, home office, home bar, laundry room, TV room or bath of your dreams with our 100% free room design tool. We offer all wood cabinetry, fully assembled and delivered for free, plus all the accessories needed to complete your remodel. Visit our website to see our products today!