Contemporary kitchens incorporate functional concepts and accessories to create a balanced, beautiful, and customized space. These small to large-scale upgrades can have an effective and lasting impact on your everyday routine — especially for those of us who love to cook, and covet those chef’s dream kitchens seen on Pinterest boards and home magazines. Read more to learn how you can transform your space into the ultimate gourmet kitchen you crave.
Think About It
Before you begin, know how you currently use your kitchen. Also envision how you want to use it in the future. Itemize goals and tasks for this process to help keep you on track with your floor plan, appliances, cabinetry, and other necessary items.
Ask Yourself Questions
These crucial questions can help you decide how you want to remodel or upgrade to a gourmet kitchen. Consider the answers before getting started:
- What types of dishes and foods do you prepare regularly?
- What special cookware and tools do you use most often?
- Which large and small appliances are a must?
- What groceries, herbs, and spices do you always have on hand?
- Do you need wine storage space?
- How many people do the cooking, and how many are in your household?
- Do you entertain often? If so, do guests gather in the kitchen or in another room?
Be In The Know
Contemporary kitchens have a planned layout, with separate areas for prepping food, cooking meals, serving, and cleaning up. Appliances should fit and flow with the color and theme of the room and house, but performance should be a top priority. Cabinetry storage space and countertop surface area are also important in chef’s dream kitchens.
Use Gourmet Guidelines
Five major things to include in your gourmet kitchen are:
- A Professional Grade Range: Gas ranges with induction cooktops are the signature appliances in chef’s dream kitchens. Ideal for cooking, they heat up faster and deliver heat directly to the pan. Modular thick burner stoves with pop-in griddles are also attractive.
- A Double Oven: Two is always better than one! A double oven allows you to cook more food at once, and separate different items while they’re cooking. It’s also easier to have an oven that is in direct line with your height, so you don’t have to bend down when putting and taking food in or out. Make sure one at least one oven is convection, so dishes like desserts bake efficiently and uniformly.
- A Large Refrigerator: Available in an array of options, you can choose from large refrigerators with bottom freezers, French doors, glass doors, and side by side stand alone styles. Another option is built-in styles that blend in with your kitchen pantry cabinets and creates more room.
- Spectacular Surfaces: Choose a luxurious countertop that’s also easy to clean and stain-resistant. Engineered stone is a competitive choice since it does not require sealing, and is less porous than natural stone like granite, giving it more durability.
- Task Lighting: Under cabinet lighting and ceiling pendants focus on specific areas where more light is needed, which can be particularly helpful when preparing a meal. In addition to illuminating your workspace, they add an artistic design that elevates the overall look of your gourmet kitchen.
Accessorize Behind The Scenes
In chef’s dream kitchens, inside cabinet accessories provide simple and space-efficient solutions for organization. Willow Lane Cabinetry offers a variety of functional options to suit your gourmet kitchen needs, including a Two-Tier Chrome Cookware Organizer, Trimmable Knife Block, Door Mount Space Rack, and Heavy-Duty Mixer Lift.
As the center of the home, the kitchen should be customized in both aesthetic and practical ways. Stop merely dreaming about a chef’s kitchen— it’s time to enjoy the beautiful harmony and functionality that a gourmet kitchen can bring to your home.
Welcome to Willow Lane Cabinetry — the #1 place to buy affordable, semi-custom cabinets online! Let us help you create the kitchen of your dreams with our 100% free kitchen design tool. We offer all wood, semi-custom kitchen cabinets, fully assembled and delivered for free, with standard features like soft closing doors and drawers, and 6-way adjustable steel hinges. Plus all the accessories you need to complete your new kitchen. We give you more and save you money! Visit our website to see our beautiful products today!