Have you been feeling frustrated by the clutter in your kitchen and bathroom? We understand. When the cabinets, drawers and shelves have hit capacity, it can feel like your home is in a constant state of chaos. Before you start bulking up on plastic bins, read on for a few better options. There are plenty of ways to make the most of the storage space available to you without becoming the queen or king of containers. Be storage savvy with these smart kitchen cabinet and bathroom vanity hacks.
Utilize unused kitchen cabinet space for discreet storage.
Inside cabinet accessories allow you to get the most out of your kitchen cabinet space. You might think you’re limited to just the standard doors and drawers, but there are actually plenty of ways to optimize your cabinets and increase storage. Some of our favorite kitchen cabinet pull out ideas include:
- Using a double pull out waste container to hide the garbage can and recycling bin.
- Turning a panel or base filler into an organizer for spices, sauces and seasonings or a divider for trays, baking sheets and platters.
- A heavy-duty mixer lift that turns a shelf into extra counter top space for using your mixer or other small appliance.
- Utilizing your sink base with a tip-out tray that can be used to store sponges, soap, and even rings.
- Swapping out your standard cabinet for a pull out base cabinet organizer with easy to access shelves.
- A Lazy Susan is always a great way to make more out of that awkward, blind corner cabinet.
- Adding vertical door racks for cling wrap and aluminum foil or a door mount cutting board can turn a door into extra storage.
Transform your bathroom vanity cabinets and drawers into organized storage compartments.
Like with kitchen cabinets, there are many bathroom vanity storage ideas that will help you save space. If you’re not sure how to organize your bathroom vanity, here are a few ways to go about it:
- Remove a cabinet door and install slide out woven baskets, which allow you to take full advantage of vertical space and have easy access to bath towels or washcloths.
- Add drawer dividers or a trimmable utility tray to keep makeup and toiletries organized.
- Vertical door racks are a great place to keep your hairdryer or curling iron.
- Add recessed shelving behind a mirror to keep everyday items like cotton balls, toothpaste and deodorant.
- Regularly go through wall cabinets to purge expired medicines, makeup, and toiletries.
- Organize underneath cabinets with clear vanity organizers that have divided canisters for keeping different size items, like hairbrushes, razors and accessories.
Now that you know our smart storage strategies, let us in on your favorite tips for how to organize your bathroom vanity and kitchen cabinets.
Welcome to Willow Lane Cabinetry — the #1 place to buy affordable, semi-custom cabinets online! Let us help you create the kitchen or bath of your dreams with our 100% free kitchen design tool. We offer all wood, semi-custom bath and kitchen cabinets, fully assembled and delivered for free. Plus all the accessories you need to complete your remodel. Visit our website to see our products today!